(Hint: Select and click a flyer below:)
THE LRC EXPERIENCE
to a unique live entertainment experience
- a return to the great British tradition of a local repertory theatre in every town -
Starting with London
will be the first traditional full-time professional repertory theatre to operate commercially in the very heart of London's theatreland.
Operating all year round, a large resident company of actors will perform a varied repertoire of classics, new plays, musicals, comedies, dramas, thrillers and popular shows to suit all tastes, plus a traditional family pantomime every Christmas.
The first company ever to perform the works of Shakespeare and his contemporaries restored and remastered into modern English, ensuring today's audiences will understand every word the author wrote as clearly as they did over 400 years ago.
A revival of the local rep tradition where the public can get to know each other and the actors, personally. The star playing Hamlet on Monday could be playing the butler in a thriller on Thursday and be selling programmes for a musical the following Monday before playing Hamlet again on the Thursday.
Even the best seats will be at low ticket prices making the theatre, once again, affordable for all.
An integrated education programme of workshops, talks and masterclasses allied to national and international tours and live screenings.
The only repertory company to run in-house apprentice-based training schemes in acting, stage management, technical skills and directing, together with affiliate apprenticeships in dance, music, design and allied skills & crafts.
An international supporter's networking programme for making new friends and providing mutual benefits between people and small businesses; thereby helping stimulate jobs and lower personal living costs.
A new kind of theatre experience that's personal, fun, friendly, and where everyone's treated like a star, confirming that LRC truly is the people's very own local rep.
A flagship in the capital expanding to create similar models in every town across the whole of the UK and abroad, regenerating live theatre and making it as much a part of life as music, film and television.
a Founding Supporter
you'll have the chance to be an active part of it all, win holidays, nights out and other exciting prizes. You'll also have access to exclusive discount offers from all kinds of businesses, restaurants and shops, be able to attend gala nights and mix with the stars, along with special events, glamorous parties and activities - including the opportunity to showcase your talent in our own LRC nationwide talent search and, maybe change your life forever!!!
... (or then again, maybe not.)
The Small Print
London Repertory Company is a non profit-distributing company limited by guarantee. All income is used entirely for the running, continuation, development and expansion of the LRC's production and training requirements.
The LRC receives no government subsidy and, as a company limited by guarantee, is unable to seek commercial investment. It is totally reliant for its start-up funding upon the generosity of private donations, gifts, corporate partnerships, and support from the public through its "Raise The Curtain" campaign.
It is intended that, within five to ten years of opening its doors, the LRC will become a completely financially self-sufficient operation through income generated from box office receipts, royalties, merchandising, allied activities and, above all, achieving a loyal following from the public.
Development Period: 2006 - 2010 [Funded]
- Research, feasibility, legal, PR, company formation, development and initiation of new website and creation of Themesite
Phase One: 2011 - 2013 [Part funded]
- Launch of "Raise The Curtain" campaign
- Commencement of "Support Your Fellow Supporters Scheme" and Discount Directory
- Initiation of Education programme
- Opening of Themesite "Tableaux Tunnel" and access to all Supporter benefits
Phase Two: 2014 - 2015 [To be funded]
- Formation of Repertory Company
- Commencement of productions in London
Phase Three: 2016 onwards [To be funded]
- Start of national and international tours
- Development of similar LRC theatres across the UK and beyond
Help us to...
As a Founding Supporter
- A one-off donation automatically makes you a Founding Supporter for life enabling you to take part in all the fun, glit and glam of showbiz, be eligible for all kinds of prizes, special offers and exclusive discounts and even take an active part in helping to bring LRC to your own town through our Support Your Fellow Supporters scheme.
As a Corporate Partner
- LRC welcomes and offers various means of acknowledgement for all major donations, help and gifts through sponsorships, corporate partnerships and individual entrepreneurs. (All enquires should be made directly to LRC and are strictly confidential.)
As a Volunteer
Why not become involved with your LRC and take an active part helping to create one in your own town?
As our fundraising campaign continues, there'll be all sorts of things you'll be able to do - from helping create discount situations for yourselves across the UK to getting involved on actual productions at galas and other LRC events, working alongside the stars.
Like all volunteer work, we're sorry it's unpaid (we really are), but if you're still interested in helping out in your spare time or even becoming an official LRC Organiser for your area then contact LRC Campaign Co-ordinator, Chris for a chat.
- Shop. Save. Support. Register and use the retailer links to shop online from over 2,000 brand names including Amazon, Next, Argos, John Lewis, Comet, iTunes, eBay and HMV. It's at no extra cost to you but a percentage of whatever you spend will come directly to LRC.
- It's FREE to use and you'll get access to hundreds of exclusive discounts and voucher codes, so not only will you be helping your LRC but you'll be saving money.
- Register for free at:
- If you're one of the 6.4m people that use a search engine every day - why not raise money for your LRC every time you make a search?
- Easysearch combines the results of several search engines such as Yahoo!, Bing and Ask to ensure you can always find what you’re looking for and help raise money for good causes.
- It's FREE to use and every time you search, half a penny is raised for the London Repertory Company.
- Set your homepage to easysearch:
and use it every time you search the web.
A simple one-off donation automatically makes you an official Founding Supporter
FOR LIFE . . .
You'll immediately become part of an ever increasing family of fellow Supporters all over the world, aimed at making new friends and business contacts.
And, most excitingly, through our Support Your Fellow Supporters scheme you'll have access to the LRC's exclusive Discount Directory, offering you all kinds of discounts and money saving offers.
And that's only the beginning . . .
As a Founding Supporter. . .
- You'll have access to the fabulous Tableaux Tunnel on the LRC Themesite where you can...
- Participate in free games, competitions and other prize-winning opportunities.
- Submit your own video showreels, whether you're a singer, dancer, actor, juggler, acrobat, songwriter, magician, poet or anything else – even flower arranging, cooking, TV presenting or stand-up comedy - and have the chance of being voted into the annual LRC Supporter's Talent Contest live on stage. Who knows - someone might spot you and turn you into a star!!! (Or not.) Good Luck!
- On the other hand, if you're already a working professional in the entertainment business, there'll be the opportunity to showcase examples of your work, skills and talent in our Showcase Lounge.
- There'll also be access to job opportunities and all kinds of ways to become actively involved in helping us to create and operate a local rep in every town.
You'll have priority booking and special discount prices for organised LRC events and special one-off benefit galas.
You'll also be able to share in all the glamour of showbiz with opportunities to attend glittering opening nights and all kinds of exciting special events, galas and parties with the stars.
Enjoy all the fantastic live entertainment and extra benefits available from the local repertory theatre you'll have helped to create once it opens in your town - and you'll not only have helped to make it happen but be a vital part of it!
And there'll be much much more
to come after that . . .
TO HELP SMALL BUSINESSES & SOLE TRADERS...
- You'll be able to advertise your business for FREE in the exclusive LRC Discount Directory where you can create as many special offers for LRC Supporters as you want, whenever you want, to attract new and regular customers with a direct link to your website.
And for additional advertising, you'll be entitled to special discount rates:
- on the official LRC Themesite animated screens
- in repertory season or gala benefit night programmes
- at LRC media based social events
- and much much more. . .
How the LRC DISCOUNT DIRECTORY will work for you
The LRC DISCOUNT Directory will include:
- Your Business Name
- Your Business Type/Category
- Your Location/Area Covered
- Your Business Address
- Your Business Telephone
- Your Email Address
- Your Website (with a direct link)
- General information (e.g. opening hours, service details, business site accessibility)
- Your current Special Offer exclusive to LRC Supporters
Additionally, you'll be able to:
- Upload an image of your company logo
- Provide a Googlemap link to your location
- Update your Special Offers whenever
- Upload vouchers for customers to print out themselves
A unique LRC Business Supporters Display Emblem for easy Supporter identification and to attract passing trade and potential new customers.
If you and your staff become Supporters, you'll be able to share in all the fun, glamour, benefits and exciting events available.
** To submit your business for free,
please click here. **
- and help cut your living costs -
LRC operates a unique scheme whereby Founding Supporters have access to the exclusive LRC Discount Directory of ever changing discounts and money saving offers from Business Supporters.
The aim is to build this scheme, not only across the whole of the UK but internationally, so that LRC Supporters will eventually be able to travel anywhere in the world and always have access to their fellow Supporters for friendship, help and exclusive money-saving opportunities.
Ask all your friends, local businesses and shops to join us and make this the biggest mutual self-help scheme in the world.
"Support Your Fellow Supporters"
Our aim is to have
worldwide by the end of 2012.
To achieve this, we need your help and involvement because:
The more LRC Founding Supporters we have -
- - the more that small businesses and sole traders could grow by attracting new and regular customers at no extra cost – and if businesses grow, so could the creation of new jobs.
The more LRC Business Supporters we have -
- - the more that LRC supporters could save money through access to exclusive discounts and special offers.
and that way...
The more E V E R Y B O D Y benefits!
How you can help:
To get this working as quickly as possible, why not start recruiting supporters and local business supporters in your own town to create all the benefits of the scheme on your very own doorstep?
If you're a Founding Supporter
Introduce a small business:
It could be a restaurant or dry cleaners, travel agent, hair salon or any local shop or even a person working from home. The more businesses you involve in the scheme, the bigger range of discounts and money saving offers will become available to you.
If you're a Business Supporter
Introduce a friend or customer:
The more people you introduce to the scheme, the more public awareness you'll be creating for your business - and that could lead to more customers.
LRC Executive Board
Jamie Alan Osbornwww.jamiealanosborn.com
LRC Founder/Artistic Director
Joss Ackland CBE
George Cole OBE
Brian Cox CBE
Charles Dance OBE
Richard Griffiths OBE
Sir Derek Jacobi CBE
Jonathan Rhys Meyers
Leslie Phillips CBE
Alison Steadman OBE
Click here to view Patron biographies.
'Raise The Curtain' Campaign
The LRC Themesite
is a Flash-based themed centre for entertainment, opportunity and learning which, as it expands over time, will create all kinds of actual interactive networking and social benefits in the real world.
The site is free and readily available to all visitors except for what lies through the Tableaux Tunnel on the First Floor, the entrance of which and beyond is only accessible to LRC Supporters.
This welcoming floor is the foyer entrance to the first of the UK repertory theatres: the London Repertory Company.
Information Point / LRC News / Patrons
The Shop - available for LRC merchandise and that of allied arts and crafts organisations and training academies, with a special Bargain Basement available only to Supporters.
Box Office / Auditorium / Stage Door / Backstage - available once a series of public fundraising benefits, socials and galas begin as from the end of 2012.
The world of theatre arts and skills, education, outreach, heritage and training under the LRC Academy, plus a theatre and performing arts library, research facility, archive material, video outlets and the Butterfly Boulevard.
This, the largest and most diverse of the floors, deals entirely with entertainment and divides into two basic sections:
The Showcase Lounge - dedicated to showcasing talent in film, all the performing arts and allied crafts.
And for Supporters only - travel through the fantastical Tableaux Tunnel into a world of free games, discount and money making opportunities, supporter forums, competitions, prizes, talent contests, organised parties, trips, social events and much much more...
Administrative information regarding the LRC, London Repertory Company, Supporters and "Raise The Curtain" campaign progress.